Wednesday 16 April 2014

Reflection

After 11 weeks of ‘hell’, we are finally done with this ES1102 module. To begin, I want to thanks Brad for his patient and guidance throughout the semester. Without him, this module will definitely be a rather boring journey for me. Though it had been tough at times, I am glad that I had learnt something from this module. Throughout these 11 weeks, I was made to do many assignments, ranging from reader response to personal reflections.  It wasn’t easy but I managed to pull through. I learnt that writing is not that hard after all. All I require is a game plan. Take for instance the reader response. What was hard was not the writing part but the understanding of the entire text. Once I understood this and formed my plan around it, writing became a much easier task. In addition, I also realized that grammar is a vital component in essay writing. No matter how well the content is, it will account for nothing if we do not pay attention to our language and grammar. This is also my weakest link in essay writing. Throughout this module, I had been doing my best to master the use of language and although I can’t say that I am an expert in it now, I believe I am much better than before. Lastly, I am sure that with more practice, I would be able to write better essays.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Alvin, for this brief course overview and your reaction.I'm glad that you found the course manageable and useful

    All the best in your future studies!

    ReplyDelete